1 the act of creating something by casting it in a mold [syn: casting]
2 a decorative strip used for ornamentation or finishing [syn: moulding]
5 a preliminary sculpture in wax or clay from which a finished work can be copied [syn: modeling, modelling, moulding]
- Used in making a mold or moldings; used in shaping anything according to a pattern.
- The act or process of shaping in or on a mold, or of making molds; the art or occupation of a molder.
- Anything cast in a mold, or which appears to be so, as grooved or ornamental bars of wood or metal.
- A plane, or curved, narrow surface, either sunk or projecting, used for decoration by means of the lights and shades upon its surface. Moldings vary greatly in pattern and are generally used in groups, the different members of each group projecting or retreating, one beyond another.
- In the context of "woodwork": A planing machine for making moldings.
- In the context of "founding": A machine to assist in making molds for castings.
- In the context of "milling}} A mill for shaping timber.
Molding or moulding (see spelling differences) can be:
CYSP sculpture, anaglyptics, anaglyptography, anatomy, architectonics, architectural sculpture, architecture, arrangement, assembly, bone-carving, build, building, cast, casting, ceroplastics, chasing, clay sculpture, composition, conformation, constitution, construction, conversion, crafting, craftsmanship, creation, cultivation, decorative sculpture, devising, earth art, efformation, elaboration, embossing, engraving, erection, extraction, fabric, fabrication, fashion, fashioning, figuration, forging, form, format, formation, formature, forming, formulation, founding, frame, framing, garden sculpture, gem-cutting, getup, glass sculpture, glyptic, growing, handicraft, handiwork, harvesting, ivory-carving, lost-wax process, machining, make, makeup, making, manufacture, manufacturing, metal sculpture, milling, mining, modeling, mold, monumental sculpture, morphogenesis, morphogeny, organic structure, organism, organization, paper sculpture, pattern, patterning, physique, plan, plaster casting, plastic art, portrait sculpture, prefabrication, preparation, processing, producing, production, raising, refining, relief, relief-carving, relievo, sculptor, sculpture, sculpturing, seal, setup, shape, shaping, shell-carving, smelting, stamp, statuary, stone sculpture, stonecutting, structure, structuring, tectonics, texture, tissue, warp and woof, weave, web, whittling, wire sculpture, wood carving, workmanship, xyloglyphy